Keep Your System Running Smoothly with Heat Pump Maintenance in Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex
Heat pump maintenance in Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex, is crucial for keeping your heating system working throughout the year. It’s also one of the easiest ways to save money while avoiding costly repairs or replacements.
Without regular maintenance, you risk a higher energy bill and potential malfunctions.
Studies have shown that heat pumps that aren’t routinely serviced have to work harder to keep your home comfortable. This could mean using 10–25% more energy than a system that’s regularly maintained, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
Routine service also helps spot issues hiding just below the surface. That way, you can take care of them because they become something to really worry about.
Along with saving time and money, you might be able to avoid common problems like a frozen heat pump or short cycling. Call our heating and cooling pros at 469-505-0525 to get your appointment set up today.
How Often Should My Heat Pump Be Serviced?
We suggest maintenance twice a year, usually in the fall and spring. When the temperatures are starting to shift, that’s the perfect time to make sure everything is running smoothly.
Since your system needs to run all year, regular service will keep you comfortable all year round too. Constant cooling or heating without maintenance could make your system break down sooner, leaving you with a headache.
To make annual service easy, we offer the Diamond 360 Protection Plan. This annual HVAC maintenance plan will keep your heating and cooling systems running smoothly all season long.
Heat Pump Maintenance Checklist
You already know maintenance is important for a system running at peak efficiency, but there are some specific things you can do yourself to get it ready for its tune-up:
- Check your outdoor unit. Your system needs to be clear of debris or buildup to run efficiently. Remove leaves and weeds, and trim back vegetation as necessary.
- Clean your system. If your outdoor unit has accumulated a lot of dust and dirt, you can gently wash it with a low-pressure hose after turning it off.
- Regularly change your filter. This helps your system run at peak efficiency and maintains good indoor air quality. We recommend changing your filter every one to three months, depending on the style you use.
What You Can Expect During Heat Pump Maintenance
When your friendly Diamond Blue Air & Plumbing technician arrives, they’ll have a comprehensive list of items to check and perform. Some of the things they’ll do when they arrive are:
- Thoroughly check your system. Our professionals will check your system’s parts for debris or damage.
- Clean your system. We’ll remove any buildup, especially from the coil, since it needs to be clean to work efficiently.
- Check refrigerant. We’ll check your refrigerant levels and add more if necessary.
- Examine moving parts. We’ll lubricate moving parts to keep them moving smoothly.
- Check electrical connections. Your system has many wires and connections, so we’ll make sure they’re all secure.
Schedule Your Heat Pump Service Appointment Today
When it comes to keeping your home efficient and comfortable, maintaining your heat pump is one of the best steps you can take. We offer a 100% guarantee*, so you’ll be completely satisfied no matter the job.
Give us a call at 469-505-0525 or contact us online and let us take it from here while you get comfortable.