Our Heat Pump Repair in Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex, is 100% Guaranteed
When you need heat pump repair in Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, fast, trust the professionals at Diamond Blue Air & Plumbing.
Our fast service is backed by a 100% guarantee*. Plus, you’ll receive a 22-point system check at no extra charge.
You can feel confident when our friendly, “Grandma-certified” technicians come to your home. We’ll treat you like family and guarantee you’ll be satisfied with our heating and cooling work. That’s even something Grandma approves of.
We know a thing or two about heat pumps, which have to work constantly throughout the year to keep your home comfortable. Unlike air conditioners, they don’t get downtime when the temperatures start to drop.
Your heat pump runs throughout the winter to keep your home cozy, and that constant effort can lead to a service call. Don’t worry though, we have your needs covered since we service all makes and models.
Call us at 469-505-0525 to request an appointment today.
5 Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Repair
Let’s take a look at some of the most common reasons for heat pump trouble we have seen in Dallas & Fort Worth and how those issues make themselves known. Here are some of the usual suspects:
1. Heat Pump Covered in Ice
During the colder months, it’s possible ice will form on your outdoor unit. The unit should move into a defrost mode to melt the ice. If that’s not happening, you have an issue that requires professional attention. With our fast service, your heat pump will be running again quickly.
2. Heat Pump is Short Cycling
This means that your heat pump is frequently starting and stopping. It could mean your system is not the right size for your home. Or something else could be wrong. In any case, this can cause your heat pump to wear out more quickly.
3. Energy Bills are Climbing
A heat pump is one of the best options for energy efficiency, especially when it’s well-maintained. If you’re keeping it that way, and still seeing your bills go up, it’s time to call the Diamond Blue Air professionals at 469-505-0525.
4. Heat Pump is Noisy
Your pump won’t ever be completely silent, but it also shouldn’t be too loud either. If there are strange or loud noises coming from the heat pump, you may want to have a heating repair professional from Diamond Blue Air figure out what’s wrong.
5. Heating or Cooling Feels Weaker
When your home isn’t comfortable, this is the most frustrating sign that something is wrong with your comfort system. If you’ve adjusted the thermostat but are still uncomfortable, we’re the ones to call at 469-505-0525.
Commons Causes of Heat Pump Problems
There are a number of things that spell trouble for your pump. Some of the most common include:
- Lack of maintenance. Your system needs professional heat pump maintenance to keep it running smoothly. Let us handle your twice-yearly checkup service to keep your system at peak performance. Otherwise, you risk lower energy efficiency and breakdowns.
- Clogged Filter. Don’t forget to regularly change your filter. If you don’t, the system will have to work harder to keep the house comfortable. This can make your heat pump work harder and could increase your energy costs.
- Component Failure. There are many moving parts in every heat pump, and they’re all critical to keeping the pump working in good order.
- Thermostat problem. Your thermostat turns your heat pump on and off. If it’s not working right, your heating and cooling won’t either.
Should I Repair or Replace My Heat Pump?
When your heat pump breaks down, it’s normal to pick up the phone and call us for service. But there comes a time when it’s more cost-effective to get a new system.
Here are a few things to consider when weighing repair against replacement:
- Is it less than 10 years old? If your heat pump is newer, you should repair it. If it’s past the 10-year mark, it’s more financially savvy to replace it.
- Have you repaired it before? If you’re frequently calling us for repairs or have spent close to half the cost of a new system, it’s time to start researching new heat pumps from Lennox® or American Standard®. Not the brand you’re looking for? We can obtain and install any other model you want.
- Is the repair inexpensive? If the issue can be resolved inexpensively in a few minutes, then repair is the way to go. If repair costs start climbing, you should consider replacing your heat pump. Newer models, especially ENERGY STAR® heat pumps, are extremely energy efficient and may help reduce your utility bills.
Contact Us for Heat Pump Service
Give us a call at 469-505-0525 or fill out the form below for service. Our technicians will go over all the options with you and help you decide if heat pump installation or repair is right for you.